Monday, January 14, 2013

Number 39: Go without electricity for a night (Or Facebook for a week)

I'd love to go without electricity for a night and see what happens, but in the dead of winter and the start of audition season, that's really not going to happen. But with a number of auditions coming up in the next few weeks, I've been thinking about my productivity levels and realizing that with so many distractions throughout the day, I'm not accomplishing nearly as much as I would like. And so began the idea of...

The Facebook Fast.

Last week my roommate was discussing a news report her mother had seen about a group of girls who ditched their smart phones for a week to see what would happen. Not at all shockingly, the girls were 100% able to function without their phones. I've recently come to notice just how much time I waste on Facebook. I keep telling myself how much more productive I want to be in the new year, but I've yet to do anything about it. So here it is, friends. Can this internet addicted lady go without Facebook for 96 hours?

I guess we'll find out. I'm hoping the hiatus will allow me to catch up on the blog a bit more (and launch my new idea for 2013!) Because let's face it. I've had at least three posts about rebranding my blog and writing more in the new year, and I've yet to do any of that, but I've updated my status at least once a day for the past two weeks. And I think life will go on keeping track of it on my timeline. Tune in here as the week goes on to see how I'm holding up against the pain of withdrawal.

Eek... wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. :O I dont think I could do that, I'd be too facebook deprived!!

    But good luck! :) -Kyra

    ReplyDelete