Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Number 39b: The Facebook Fast - Day One Recap

It's been over 24 hours since I logged off Facebook and I'm actually doing pretty well. I thought I'd be feeling like this:


...but I'm actually feeling much more like this:



That's me, feeling productive and well rested. Here are the things I've accomplished a bit more of since logging off:

- Arrived at the gym on time because I wasn't putzing around on Facebook (Yep. I just said putzing. Deal with it.)
- Actually did some work while the baby napped yesterday. The whole point in nannying was supposed to be the amount of flexibility/time I would have during the day to work on things. I usually spend the first half of a nap scrolling through my newsfeed and the second half looking at all of the buzzfeed articles that caught my attention on my newsfeed. (While we're at it... check this out if you ARE looking to waste time.)
- I WENT TO BED ON TIME.
- I didn't have to charge my cell phone half way through the day. Huh. Go figure.

I only felt like I was missing it twice yesterday, once when I was waiting for the bus and again when I was ready for bed since that's when I usually do some scrolling. It's been a bit refreshing... the only thing I missed was saying HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY TO MY FAVORITE BROTHER over some form of social media. Wait... nope. Did it. I'm pretty happy with my Facebook Fast so far... let's see how the next 24 hours go!

No comments:

Post a Comment